August 3, 2022

After Pre-Employment, the Government will issue a new program, namely Job Loss Guarantee (JKP). The program which is claimed to be able to protect workers who are victims of Termination of Employment (PHK), including BPJS Employment regulated in the Omnibuslaw Law on Job Creation, is detrimental to workers, Thursday (15/10/2020).

“If there are layoffs, there are benefits in the form of increasing competence or up-skilling, as well as being given access to new jobs,” said Coordinating Minister for Economic Affairs Airlangga Hartarto as quoted by CNN.com.

JKP is claimed to have 3 benefits in the form of cash, access to job market information, and job training. For the initial stage, JKP’s funding source comes from the government’s pocket. Furthermore, the source of JKP contributions will rely on the recomposition of contributions from the social security program and BPJS Ketenagakerjaan’s operational funds.

According to the BPJS Watch Advocacy Coordinator, Timboel Siregar, the government’s new program has no clarity.

“I said that JKP is not clear where the contributions will come from, while the businessmen are adamant that they do not want to increase their contributions, but regarding the recomposition, please. So, entrepreneurs only re-park, they are taken from next door and put into JKP, they only change the parking lot,” explained Timboel Siregar.

He also said at a glance that JKP did provide a myriad of benefits for the victims of layoffs. However, in fact JKP actually comes from workers and laborers and is intended for workers and workers themselves. Some previous funding programs, for example, came from participants’ own contributions.

The government’s portion, as stated in the Job Creation Act, is not much, only the initial capital.

“So it’s the workers who are harmed, this JKP is made by the workers for the workers,” he told CNNIndonesia.com, Tuesday (13/10/20).

BPJS Employment itself currently runs 4 social security programs, namely, Work Accident Insurance (JKK), death insurance (JKM), old age insurance (JHT), and pension insurance (JP). And the amount of each contribution is:

JKK, in the range of 0.24 percent-1.74 percent of salary depending on work risk.

JKM equals 0.3 percent of salary. Both fees are paid by the entrepreneur.

JHT is 5.7 percent of salary of which 3.7 percent is borne by employers and 2 percent from workers.

JP, employers pay 2 percent and workers 1 percent, so the total contribution is 3 percent of salary.

So, in total employers pay 10.24 percent to 11.74 percent to pay for social security per month. While JKP, BPJS Ketenagakerjaan will not collect new contributions, but will recompose contributions from the 4 programs.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.